The predecessors of today's mounting board date back to the graphic collections from the 16th century. In those days originals were glued to a sheet of paperboard and subsequently covered with another piece of paperboard with a cut-out window. Originally mounts were stored in drawers or folders.
KLUG-CONSERVATION manufactures mounting boards, foldable mounts and mount assemblies with and without a cover sheet, as well as various other products for the presentation, display and archiving of sheeted material. The computer-controlled manufacturing system offers the following advantages:
- high accuracy with regard to size and angle between the cutout and exterior size
- no overlapping within the cutout, neither on the front nor on the back sides
- delivery of finished mount assemblies possible
- multi-window mounts possible
- simple digital data processing (entry method) using the mount configurator
- no recruitment of highly qualified staff necessary
- economical due to rationalised production methods.
» to the mount configurator