Quality assurance plays a very important role at KLUG-CONSERVATION. This is clearly demonstrated by certifications for our products and services obtained from independent institutions. As a reliable long-term partner, we offer our customers maximum security and full confidence in our products.
Our paper and board products are manufactured from 100% FSC®-certified, fresh fibre cellulose. The FSC® (Forest Stewardship Council) has developed standards for sustainable forest management in line with its goal to ensure that our forests are kept alive for generations to come. As a manufacturer and retailer of FSC®-certified paper products, Walter Klug GmbH & Co. KG holds a certification of the supply chain (Chain of Custody (COC) certification). This means that all steps of the supply chain – from forest to final product – are certified under the FSC® system. The FSC® licence code for Walter Klug GmbH & Co. KG is FSC®-C147268 and the certificate code is GFA-COC-003913. FSC® certificate
Climate Neutral Allgaeu Alliance 2030
KLUG-CONSERVATION has committed to becoming climate-neutral by 2030. (Certificate)
The initial focus will be on reducing our own CO2 emissions by means of improved energy efficiency and increased use of renewable energies on site. KLUG-CONSERVATION will implement the following measures:
- The company building meets Passive House standard
- 65% of consumed power is generated by KLUG-CONSERVATION
- Additionally purchased electricity is sustainably sourced 100% green power
- All conventional lighting is replaced by LED
- Switching to e-mobility is supported by company charging stations
- Waste heat generated by the building is recovered through heat exchangers and used for heating
- Heat supply of the building is controlled by AI (artificial intelligence) radiators
- Business trips are reduced and increasingly replaced by video conferences
- Car and air travel is avoided extensively
- Business processes are increasingly paperless
- Fair trade organic products (coffee, fruit) are purchased for staff catering.
Unavoidable residual emissions are compensated by supporting high-quality CO2-reduction projects in the region and abroad. The international projects in developing and emerging countries are certified and meet the highest standards.